The site offers details on newly opened roads, timber harvesting activity, forestry office contact numbers and more. The state forest map can be viewed at maps.dcnr.pa.gov/bof/huntmap/index.html.
In addition, the site:
– Locates newly opened roads on state forestlands;
– Offers directions to locations that prompt interest;
– Displays legal shooting hours and supplies current weather conditions including wind direction and strength;
– Lists season and bag limits, filtered by species, season type, and/or what’s currently in season;
– Delineates Pennsylvania Game Commission Wildlife Management Units or WMUs and what state forests they encompass;
– Lists deer harvest statistics and antlered and antlerless license allocations for WMUs.
Hunters heading into Pennsylvania’s state-owned woodlands on Monday, Nov. 28, will find additional roads open in 18 of the 20 state forest districts.
For more information on Pennsylvania’s 20 state forest districts and 121 state parks, visit www.dcnr.pa.gov.