Nature Art Showcase entries being accepted

From staff reports

Original art pieces are being accepted for inclusion in the Nature Art Showcase and Sale, a free public art exhibition at the Barrow-Civic Theatre in Franklin, during “Franklin On Ice” on Feb. 4 and 5.

There are no limits as to the residence of participating artists.

Typically available are 2-D and 3-D items, including paintings; sculptures; metal fabrications; fabric arts; jewelry; wearable art; photography; pottery; drawings; wood carvings; and watercolors.

For items to be portrayed in the printed exhibition booklet, completed registrations must be received by Jan. 12.

Each artist may enter one or two items with an option of selling or displaying artwork.

If artwork is for sale, the artist sets the retail selling price and will receive 85% of the selling price if sold, with the remaining 15% commission retained to help offset exhibit expenses.

Registration forms can be found at Registration kits are available at Victorian City Art & Frame on Liberty Street in Franklin, at French Creek Framing and Fine Arts on Market Street in Meadville, and at the office of Penn Soil Resource Conservation and Development Council on Conewango Avenue in Warren.

Sponsorships are available and include the following: Barrow-Civic Theatre, Council on Greenways and Trails, Franklin On Ice, French Creek Framing and Fine Art, Penn Soil RC &D Council, Titusville Council on the Arts and Titusville Renaissance Inc.

For more information, call Sherry Moore or Wes Ramsey at (814) 726-1141 or go to